Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sister Wilson update

Hello Everyone,
I have been a missionary for 7 months and 5 days...
This week I bought a really cute red polka dot skirt, and I played in the irigation with a little boy (I am not allowed to swim, but I can put my feet in the water) LOL!
Boise South is treating me well. I am learning a lot (it seems to be the case no matter where or who I am with), and I love it. I have had a blast teaching the gospel to several people here in Boise.
I am currently teaching a man whose name is Charles Wilson and that is especially funny because my Dad and Brother, and Grandfather are all named Charles Wilson. He is working on quitting smoking with his wife, and then will be baptized. We are teaching another man named Jay. He is preparing to be baptized saturday (hopefully) depending on interviews and the whole process being complete...He has a beautiful family and really wants to be with them through the eternities. He told us that he doesn't know how he could possibly be forgiven for the things he has done in his life...and honestly, there is ONLY one way. I shared the story of Alma the Younger and how he had done some pretty bad things, but once he remembered that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, he felt the forgiveness he had been looking for. The Atonement is truly for EVERYONE!!
We are also going to start teaching a woman by the name of Toni tomorrow. She got up in sacrament sunday and bore her testimony---GOLDEN!! She said she was grateful for her friends "Sister Wilson, Sister Deschler, and Sister Cope (the Relief Society President)" who have helped her understand that she is a beautiful daughter of God. I don't really know what I did---except serve her, hug her when she came to church, and told her she looked great, but it is truly the small and simple things that touch the hearts of the people. I am excited to start teaching her.
Our most recent converts, the LaRocco's recieved a calling this week. Sister LaRocco will be a 6 year old primary teacher, and her husband has been asked to be her support for now. We were thrilled when she told us she had accepted her first calling. I love the faith of the new members. I hope to always have the kind of faith they have.
I get the privilege of singing at this upcoming Zone Conference on August 19th. I am excited. Our Mission President's wife Sister Cannon will be playing for me. She is wonderful and I love working with her. Transfers will be the 22nd. I am hopeful to be staying where I am at for another couple transfers again...but they do need someone to open a new area this transfer, so who knows what will happen. I know whatever happens is what is supposed to happen.
Another note: I made the goal to read the entire mission library and standard works on my mission...I am currently in Exodus in the Old Testament and Chapter 6 in Jesus the Christ and I have read everything else (the Book of Mormon twice). I love that my mission has taught me to accomplish goals, weather before or during my mission. I know that the gospel changes lives and I LOVE witnessing it in my own, and in the lives of others as well.
This is truly a great and a marvelous work!!!
I could really use some letters!!! :)
Love,
Sister Crysi Wilson
Idaho Boise Mission
1111 So. Cole Road
Boise ID 83709

No comments:

Post a Comment